A Guided Photography Workshop Experience with Julie Sisco on North Stradbroke Island
- Learn how to develop an eye for photography
- Learn the ‘rules’ around composition for pleasing images
- Learn how to consider the use of elements within the frame to provide a centre of attention and visually pleasing supporting features
- Learn how to use the visual medium as a storytelling tool
- Participants will receive a handout with notes, instructions and challenges
- Participants will be invited to a private Facebook group where they can post their images related to the workshop (eg. from the challenges, showing their progress) and ask follow up questions
Participants will be required to bring:
- A camera of your choice (eg. dslr, mirrorless, phone)
- Personal items such as sunscreen, water, suitable shoes, etc
- A pen if you would like to take notes
Photowalks at The Gorge Walk are held regularly on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, from 10:30 am til 12:30 pm.
Other days and times can be accommodated upon request.
Bookings are essential and can be made online via SeaLink here.
Book a Photowalk at The Gorge Walk today!
Julie understands how important your experience is with us, but she also knows that rain can always make for a less than perfect photowalk, that’s why she keeps a close eye on the weather. If it's going to rain, we'll reschedule! We want everyone to enjoy themselves and most importantly, to be safe - which also means protecting all of that camera gear (and us).
In case of inclement weather conditions and cancellations of scheduled photowalks, Julie offers alternatives such as scheduling another day or getting refunded accordingly.
The Gorge Walk guided photography tour is just one of the fantastic experiences offered by a range of local Stradbroke Island operators.
The Minjerribah SeaLink Day Passes include Island Arts & Heritage, Children’s Island Adventure, Minjerribah Cultural Tour, Bush Foods Gathering, Island Photography Walk, Island Social Golf, Island Oasis Yoga & Breakfast and Island Jewellery Making experiences, all including return SeaLink ferry tickets.
Each Day Pass experience will be led by a welcoming and knowledgeable island host, such as First Nations artist Delvene Cockatoo-Collins for the immersive Children’s Island Adventure, Yura Tours guide Elisha Kissick on the three-hour Minjerribah Cultural Experience driving tour and The Quandamooka Chef Kieron Anderson, who shares his connection to the island by serving dishes that showcase native ingredients in the Bush Foods Luncheon tasting.
Local Minjerribah artist Paula Boo shares her basketry techniques in the Island Jewellery Making experience. Visitors can also get active with Island Oasis Yoga & Breakfast and Island Social Golf activities or delve into Island Arts and Heritage with other local creatives at some of Minjerribah’s most iconic galleries and maker spaces.
Would you like to see more of Straddie? Follow along with @snapshotsofstraddie on Instagram for your daily dose of Straddie delights!